Church Online Strategy
In-depth practical suggestions for the next steps to developing your church online strategy
Course Introduction & curriculum
The coronavirus will move past its pandemic state at some point in the future. Even when it is ‘back to normal’, it will never be the same again. What will the church look like in 5 years? We need to take the long view. Otherwise, there seems no hope in the near sights nor a better time to listen to Paul. In 2 Corinthians 5:7, Paul says, “We live by faith and not by sight.” When we intentionally take the long view, our future state helps us live out our faith today. The purpose of this webinar is to present you with the potential future scenarios, which were studied by ministry strategists and pastors, and to lay great stress on developing and deploying your Church Online Strategy now. It will shape or even define your impending ministries.
* No Prerequisite
Church Online Strategy: The Six Stages and Four Future Scenarios
Even before the pandemic has dramatically changed the world we know; churches have been already passing through six+ stages at an ever-increasing rate of Internet speed since traditional ministries have been disrupted by the digital revolution. This intensive, fast-paced seminar will guide you to navigate through the stages and to identify the stage your congregation is in now. Exploring the causes and effects of each stage will help you avoid any traps and disruption in the subsequent stages. There will be in-depth practical suggestions for the next steps to your effective ministry bridging the distance between your current state and the most potential future scenarios.
Six Stages since the digital revolution
- The dawn of the digital revolution: Perfect disruption
- The fall of traditional paradigms: The rise of social network
- Live streaming of the onsite worship: A regrettable substitution
- A zero-sum game begins: No net change
- Crossing the boundaries of the local community: Woeful tales of a mega online church
- A chicken game begins: It turns out that “Nobody Wins,” but “Everyone Loses”
- COVID-19 pandemic forces many churches to jump into stage 3 without spending a reasonable amount of time to examine the consequences. It becomes an urgent task to develop a strategy to differentiate the online worship community from the existing onsite one.
- One of the main goals of this webinar is to present you with the potential future scenarios, which were studied by ministry strategists and pastors, and to lay great stress on developing and deploying your Church Online Strategy now. It will shape or even define your impending ministries.
- What could be the main competencies required for ministries in the dominant future scenarios?
- What could be the best approach to constructing a new ministry strategy for the ever-fast changing local context?